Wolverine Stone Company was founded in 1923 by Benny Capp and continues to be managed by the Capp Family to this day.
Upon his retirement in 1967, Benny Capp Sr. handed the reins to his two sons, Benjamin Jr. and Stanley. Today, third generation owner and President Ronald Capp continues the company’s tradition of excellence that has spanned three generations.
As a small Marble shop in Detroit, Wolverine originally specialized in residential and light commercial work. In time, the company expanded to include large commercial projects in Michigan and throughout the Midwest. In 1980 Wolverine created a ceramic tile division, enabling the company to broaden the range of services offered to the construction industry.
Today, the company serves both residential and commercial industries, continuing to provide excellent products and services.
Over the years Wolverine has completed a number of notable projects in Detroit, contributing to the City’s rich history and beautiful architecture. Many of Detroit’s premier office buildings, hotels, entertainment venues and residential projects feature some of Wolverine Stone Company’s best work.
Like Detroit, Wolverine has survived through the great depression, World War II, the great recession and many other difficult and challenging times. Wolverine is proud to be a part of the City’s ongoing Renaissance with past, current and future projects.
The Capp family has served the construction industry in several capacities and achieved numerous awards including the following:
- President, Construction Association of Michigan
- Director, Construction Association of Michigan
- Chairman, Tile, Marble & Terrazzo Pension Fund
- Lifetime Achievement Award, Marble Institute of America
- Michigan Construction Hall of Fame
- Construction Association of America Hall of Fame
- Chairman, Association of Marble Contractors
- Director, Detroit Ceramic Tile Contractor Association
- Chairman, Tile, Marble & Terrazzo Insurance Fund
- Chairman, Joint Finance Committee, Tile, Marble & Terrazzo Insurance Fund
- Chairman, Joint Training Committee, Tile, Marble & Terrazzo Insurance Fund